Saturday 12 September 2009

P.S Did I mention work was shit?

Having finished my ‘This is it’ World Tour (named so because if I was a 50 something man with a prescription drugs problem I would never have finished it…..) that is to say: New York-Connecticut-NewYork-Florida-Jamaica-Florida-London …..

Yes really …..

Did you notice my absence?.....

Anyway, having finished my world tour which I refused to describe as a holiday......more like one long Sunday visiting relatives. ….

So, having finished my world tour I returned to Blighty; the sun was shining but it felt cold to me. I have no tan and cannot be bothered to explain this to anybody who doesn’t understand.

So, the first email in my inbox is from the delightful Buttercup who has returned to work. I daren’t tell her that it gets easier because although it is true, it is the last thing a woman wants to hear as she returns to the clutches of the devil.

I have offloaded my son to his grandparents who are in a state of desperation having been deprived of his presence for over two weeks, and soaked my self in the mire that is London.

Two bottles of Pinot Grigio Blush, a North London shish kebab, a packet of peanut M&M’s, and I feel like myself again.

Thank fuck for that. I could never be an American, unless I was New Yorker.....

No comments:

Post a Comment