Tomorrow I return to work. The holidays are over, my wine holder is empty, my cupboards are bare and my stomach is enormous.
Here is my bullet point Christmas for your consumption
- A big family Christmas on Christmas Day – with my grandfathers’ ashes on the mantelpiece.
- Some of my best presents were: four martini glasses, four handmade Betty Jackson champagne glasses, two pairs of Elle Machpherson knickers, a handmade cherry necklace and the fact that my son has started walking!
- Boxing Day with friends and a game of Family Fortunes.
- 27th December – lunch with our Jamaican family including goat soup, roast lamb, jerk pork, rice, coleslaw, Christmas cake and red wine.
- 29th December – my mother’s car was towed away by the DVLA because she had forgotten to pay her tax. She was mortified “It’s like being a common criminal!” she wept.
- New Year’s Eve – I experienced the golden spangled vipers nest (ladies toilets) of a pseudo swanky club- I had forgotten just how much effort the ladies toilets in a club can be! Thank god I was able to drink tons of free champagne.....
- New Years Day – recovering with Mary Poppins.
- Yesterday - a lovely winter walk in Epping Forest.
- Today – purchasing a sofa in the sales.
- In summary I overdosed on: Booze, pork (all forms), chocolate, pate and Agatha Christie. I made zero resolutions for the New Year but compiled a list of things to do in 2010, which includes a tapestry project.
I'm going to leave you with some lovely pictures of my winter walk in Epping Forest. My way of saying 'Happy New Year' - before I am back later this week moaning about how much I hate work, blah, blah, blah......